Clear aligners are made up by using special CAD-CAM techniques in the laboratory.
Who all require invisible aligners?
◆ Spacing or more gap between front teeth.
◆ teeth are more crowded or slightly overlap.
◆ more forwardly positioned teeth that affect the overall appearance and normal functioning of teeth.
√ How invisible aligners are placed #
● First dentists evaluate the patient dentition or teeth whether the patient fits under the category of wearing clear aligners or not.
● A full mouth impression of polyvinyl siloxane is taken by the dentist and a mold is prepared.
● This cast is then sent to the laboratory where a digital tooth scan is performed. This scan shows the patient’s current teeth position and makes desired teeth position.
● According to the tooth scan, a series of custom trays are made. Usually, 10 to 30 trays require to achieve desired results.
● each tray is changed and next is placed after around 20 days till the
desired results come.
√ The patient has to wear these trays for 20 to 22 hours a day. Trays can be removed while brushing or eating food.
These trays don’t cause any discomfort to the patient
, Easy to clean by brush and ‘ nearly invisible ‘.
√ Normally invisible or clear aligners take somewhere 12 to 20 months to bring the teeth to their desired position.Leave a reply